In 1993 a small company, Emprise, started selling a product called PLUS and then Manapol, using the Network Marketing model. When they went to expand outside Texas they needed to change their name as a small bank owned that name.
By this time they were already marketing Manapol which was the healing sugar (mannose) from the Aloe Vera Plant. Since this was food for the body they changed the name and in 1994 Mannatech was born.
They do not use gimmicks — like a tooth from a rare animal, a leaf from a tree found in the mountains, a seed of a weed (you get the picture) — in order to sell a product.
For those who want more details about the company, Mannatech, here you go:
● founded in 1994 in Dallas, TX
● trades on NASDAQ under the symbol MTEX
● As a publicly traded company you are assured of the validity in what we say. What they say is open to scrutiny by anyone,
● has State-of-the-Art analytical laboratory used by many PhD students from Dallas/Fort Worth as well as others for their research
● owner of over 130 patents world wide with more coming on stream soon
● its flagship product, Ambrotose® is the based on the research in the field of carbohydrates/glycans — glycobiology or glycoscience
● owns the combination-of-matter patent on a carbohydrate product, with the then theory that this product improved cellular communication
● in 2009 a symposium produced studies which confirmed Dr. McAnnally’s theory that these carbohydrates do, in fact, improve cellular communication
● in 2012 the National Academy of Science published a 209 page study that says that carbohydrates — also known as glycans, glyconutrients, saccharides, or simply as sugars — play central roles in many biological processes and have properties useful in an array of applications.
● this whole field — glycobiology — is now taught in many universities and colleges throughout the world.
● many double-blind placebo controlled studies have been published on our products.
● their science web site contains more information
● officially became a Social Entrepreneur Company in 2013 where proceeds from sales support the M5M program.
● the world’s first Social Entrepreneur Company to offer financial rewards
● in 2015 Canada’s then Minister of Health, Rona Ambrotose, announced a $27.3 mil grant to a glycomics research network to prevent and treat disease.
● other outside validation can also be found here.