In 1993 a small company, Emprise, located in Grand Prairie, TX, began selling a product called PLUS, and then very soon afterwards Manapol. To do this they used the Network Marketing sales model.
When they went to expand outside Texas they needed to change their name. After much prayer and discussion the name Mannatech was born in 1994. A few years later they moved their head office to Coppell, TX.
From its inception Mannatech has been called the “Science Company” because of the published science behind their products. For more details about the company, Mannatech:
● founded in 1994 in Dallas, TX
● trades on NASDAQ under the symbol MTEX
● (As a publicly traded company you are assured of the validity in what we say. What they say is open to scrutiny by anyone, including lawyers….)
● has State-of-the-Art analytical laboratory used by many PhD students from Dallas/Fort Worth as well as others for their research
● owner of over 130 patents world wide with more coming on stream
● in 2017 unrolled a brand new compensation plan which was almost 3 years in the making, utilizing input from top people in the creation of compensation plans as well as key leadership among the Associates making it among the most generous and fairest to Associates in the industry
● its flagship product, Ambrotose® is based on the research in the field of glycobiology or glycoscience
● in 2009 a symposium produced studies which confirmed Dr. McAnnally’s theory that these carbohydrates do, in fact, improve cellular communication
● in 2012 the National Academy of Science published a 209 page study that says that carbohydrates — also known as glycans, glyconutrients, saccharides, or simply as sugars — play central roles in many biological processes and have properties useful in an array of applications.
● this whole field — glycobiology — is now taught in many universities and colleges throughout the world.
● their science web site contains more information on the ongoing research
● officially became a Social Entrepreneur Company in 2013 where net profits from sales support the M5M program
● the world’s first Social Entrepreneur Company to offer financial rewards
● other outside validation can also be found here.